Sunday, January 6, 2013

PSALM 71

“Lord I have come to you for protection; never let me be defeated! Because you are righteous, help me and rescue me. Listen to me and save me! Be my secure shelter and a strong fortress to protect me; you are my refuge and defence.

My God, rescue me from wicked people, from the power of cruel and evil people. Sovereign Lord, I put my hope in you; I have trusted in you since I was young. I have relied on you all my life; you have protected me since the day I was born. I will always praise you.

My life has been an example to many, because you have been my strong defender. All day long I praise you, and proclaim your glory.

Do not reject me now that I am old; do not abandon me now that I am feeble. My enemies want to kill me; they talk and plot against me. They say God has abandoned him; let’s go after him and catch him; there is no one to rescue him.

Don’t stay so far away, O God; my God, hurry to my aid! May those who attack me be defeated and destroyed. May those who try to hurt me be shamed and disgraced.

I will always put my hope in you; I will praise you more and more.
I will tell of your goodness; all day long I will speak of your salvation, though it is more than I can understand. I will go in the strength of the Lord God; I will proclaim your goodness, yours alone.

You have taught me ever since I was young, and I still tell of your wonderful acts. Now that I am old and my hair is grey, do not abandon me, O God! Be with me while I proclaim your power and might to all generations to come.

Your righteousness, O God, reaches the skies. You have done great things; there is no one like you. You have sent troubles and suffering on me, but you will restore my strength; you will keep me from the grave. You will make me greater than ever; you will comfort me again.

I will indeed praise you with the harp; I will praise your faithfulness, my God. On my harp I will play hymns to you, the Holy One of Israel. I will shout for joy as I play for you; with my whole being I will sing because you have saved me. I will speak of your righteousness all day long, because those who tried to harm me have been defeated and disgraced.” (Psalm 71 GNT).

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to leave any comments. At this time I cannot reply to any of them but will appreciate some good feedback. Thankyou for your assistance. All the very best to you and yours...