Sunday, January 28, 2018

“THE FOCUSED SELF-SERVING LIFESTYLE OF CONCENTRATED ON ONESELF’S DESIRES” 28-1-18


“According to (2 Timothy 1:3-7 GNT)  “I give thanks to God, whom I serve with a clear conscience, as my ancestors did.  I thank Him as I remember you always in my prayers night and day.  I remember your tears, and I want to see you very much, so that I may be filled with joy.  I remember the sincere faith you have, the kind of faith that your grandmother Lois and your mother Eunice also had.  I am sure that you have it also.  For this reason I remind you to keep alive the gift that God gave you when I laid my hands on you.  For the Spirit that God has given us does not make us timid; instead His Spirit fills us with power, love and self-control.”
This Scripture indicates the right Spirit of God within us, will lead us and prompt us to have a right standing with God at all times of joy, and love, and gratitude in the things we already have, and not the things that we seek at times, to make us happy.  A spirit of fear lurks around to bring a timidity (frightened, and faint-hearted, cowardly) expression on life with a powerless lack of self-control.  These aspects can thwart (hinder and frustrate) a person’s joy in the things one already has, for always wanting more, and never being satisfied, but rather frustrated, wanting more items, or people that will make them happy.  Jesus warned us in (Matthew 16:1-4 GNT) “Some Pharisees and Sadducees who came to Jesus wanted to trap Him, so they asked Him to perform a miracle for them, to show that God approved of Him.  But Jesus answered, “When the sun is setting, you say, “We are going to have fine weather, because the sky is red.”  And early in the morning you say, “It is going to rain, because the sky is red and dark.”  You can predict the weather by looking at the sky, but you cannot interpret the signs concerning these times!  How evil and godless are the people of this day!  No!  The only miracle you will be given is the miracle of Jonah!”  Jesus had performed many miracles, but yet it wasn’t enough to satisfy those who would not acknowledge them, except for the miracle of Jonah, that Jesus would ultimately give all the world to witness, that of His death on the cross, and three days later His resurrection from the dead to life.  Ingratitude for the things we already possess, will bring a lack of self-control, and missing out on enjoying the things God has already placed into our possession – our life is a miracle, and His gift of faith within us is another miracle, the family we are a part of is another miracle, and lastly but not least, the unfathomable love and forgiveness of the Lord Jesus when we turn away from Him, seeking our joy in things, rather than holding dear to us what we already possess with a grateful heart of thanksgiving and praises to the one and only Provider of our joy and life needs – Jesus!
If by any chance, you have been caught up in timidity or lack of self-control, and are seeking to be happy and have a mindful approach of wanting to be grateful and wanting to be satisfied, here is a prayer, where Jesus can sustain our every desire, and to our joy the things He has already miraculously given us –
*”Lord Jesus, to you I give my thanks for all the miracles of your provisions in my life.  I am grateful for the joy you sustain me with in seeing through your eyes of love and a grateful heart to acknowledge what is already mine from you.  I am deeply sorry Jesus for all the times I’ve missed it, wanting more to make me happy and not exercising the gift of self-control in making decisions and choices for my life, which has drawn me apart from being confident and empowered by the Holy Spirit to discern what my needs really are, and just wanted what I thought would make me happy.  I have sinned against you Lord Jesus, and I now lay at the foot of your cross, all the wonderments of your love through the miracles you have already given me, which I have forsaken and forgotten, and wanted more of what I believed would make me happy and fill my life with joy.  I now draw the bloodline of Jesus over the whole lot, and I let go and let God on them all.
I ask you Lord Jesus to fulfil in me your every desire to bless me with your miracles, as it is written in (Psalm 116:7 GNT) “Be confident, my heart, because the Lord has been good to me.”

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to leave any comments. At this time I cannot reply to any of them but will appreciate some good feedback. Thankyou for your assistance. All the very best to you and yours...