Monday, October 10, 2016

THE DOLDRUMS


Having the doldrums is explained in the dictionary, as a period of gloominess, a period of stagnation or inactivity.
First of all we are told in (Ephesians 2:10 NKJV) “For we are His workmanship, created in Christ Jesus for good works, which God prepared beforehand that we should walk in them.”
Gloominess changes our perspectives on our life’s purposes, which leads to stagnation and inactivity to proceed forth in the challenges of everyday living, for regrets and bad thoughts rob us of ever feeling adequate or able to proceed to do anything good or worthwhile, that’s when stagnate sets in to rob us of wanting any activity in moving forward whatsoever.  The Bible tells us that worry is a sin, because it’s not allowing us to trust God, but to do for ourselves what only God can give, and that’s peace of mind, when we let go and let God of the troubles which rob us of any chance to be able to do the good works God has prepared for us to walk in, without any enterprise in our lives if we do not heed His warning in (Philippians 4:6) “Do not be anxious about anything, but in every situation, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God.”  This is the only way to beat the doldrums robbing us of the joy in living a full and accomplished life, with the benefits it brings to ourselves and others when we place our trust and confidence not in ourselves, but in our Maker, the Lord God Almighty, to resurrect us to great heights of valour in our lives for His glory, and our good-will towards others.
A simple prayer would be:
“Lord Jesus, forgive me for all my sins of gloominess, and stagnation, and inactivity due to my living in the doldrums.  I repent of living in the doldrums apart from your will, which has brought about my loss of joy in life, and living as I ought to, by doing the good works you have already planned for me to walk in.

Lord Jesus take away my anxious heart, and renew me by the transforming of my mind to accept who I am, and what you are doing in my life of good works that I may walk in them.

Lord Jesus I surrender all that I am and all that I have to you now and forever, and I thank you now to wash me in your precious blood, that I be made whole complete lacking in nothing.  I thank you Holy Spirit to come live in me, “Create in me a clean heart, O God.  And renew a steadfast spirit within me” according to your Word in (Psalm 51:10 NKJV) that I may be changed, and renewed to be active and motivated to do the good works you have pre-planned for me to do, to the honour of your holy name Father God in Jesus’ name.
So be it Lord Jesus to do it, for God is and God will provide, and I draw the bloodline of Jesus over the whole lots, Amen!”

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to leave any comments. At this time I cannot reply to any of them but will appreciate some good feedback. Thankyou for your assistance. All the very best to you and yours...