Wednesday, September 30, 2009

The Truth According To God's Word

When you walk in trust, two things will happen. You will be led on an amazing journey filled with miracles and blessings, and others will see for themselves the kind of life you can have when you give yourself over to the Lord. God has great things planned for you and me. Things which we cannot even begin to imagine!

If you’ve already been walking in the truth then you will know and understand that you may have come so far on your own, but it has indeed been the Lord that has carried you the rest of the way.

We cannot achieve anything by our own efforts - anything of any lasting value that is. Of course, faith without works is dead. James 2:15-16 NKJV says ‘If a brother or sister is naked and destitute of daily food, and one of you says to them, “Depart in peace, be warmed and filled,” but you do not give them the things which are needed for the body, what does it profit? Thus also faith by itself, if it does not have works, is dead.’

Living by faith means that you will sow your seed and then believe and expect it to germinate. Depending upon the state of the ground, that is your level of faith and trust, you will begin to see new growth. Matthew 13:20-23 says “The seeds that fell on rocky ground stand for those who receive the message gladly as soon as they hear it. But it does not sink deep into them, and they don’t last long. So when trouble or persecution comes because of the message, they give up at once. The seeds that fell among thornbushes stand for those who hear the message; but the worries about this life and the love for riches choke the message, and they don’t bear fruit. And the seeds sown in the good soil stand for those who hear the message and understand it: they bear fruit, some as much as a hundred, others sixty, and others thirty.”

Don’t be like the ones who sowed their seeds in rocky ground or amongst the thornbushes. Be like the ones who planted in the good soil, and receive your blessings as much as a hundred!

Absorb the word. Read it daily or as much as possible. Take it into your very being and understand its meaning. Live it. Walk it. Breathe it. Eat it. Sleep it! If you do this you cannot help but bear much fruit.

Jesus is the vine. John 15:5 says “I am the vine, and you are the branches. Those who remain in me, and I in them, will bear a great deal of fruit; for you can do nothing without me. Verses 7-8 go on to say “If you remain in me and my words remain in you, then you will ask for anything you wish, and you shall have it. My Father’s glory is shown by your bearing a lot of fruit; and in this way you become my disciples.”

So go on, get into God’s word and start becoming fruitful for God. The more fruit we bear, the more glory will go to our Heavenly Father! Amen.

PS Our Father in Heaven has chosen us to do great things in the name of Jesus! John 14:12-13 states “I am telling you the truth: those who believe in me will do what I do -– yes, they will do even greater things, because I am going to the Father. And I will do whatever you ask for in my name, so that the Father’s glory will be shown through the Son. If you ask me for anything in my name, I will do it.” Amen.

All glory goes to the Father, Son and Holy Spirit whom I believe have guided me as always with these words. Amen.





No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to leave any comments. At this time I cannot reply to any of them but will appreciate some good feedback. Thankyou for your assistance. All the very best to you and yours...